8:20 Today In Country History 9:00 The Huckabee Report
I was born September 11, 1974 in Waynesboro VA and have a been a resident of the great small town of Stuarts Draft all my life. I've got 5 siblings, 3 olders sisters, 1 older brother, and 1 younger brother. As a youngster, I attended Stuarts Draft Elementary (now Stump Elementary), Stuarts Draft Middle, and Stuarts Draft High School, from which I graduated in June 1992.
When I was 4 years old, I decided that I wanted to be a disc jockey, and heard the day after graduation that WKDW in Staunton was looking for part-time help, so I applied, and was hired. There have been so many highlights in the 20 years at WKDW. I've gotten to do a lot of things, and meet a lot of people that I otherwise wouldn't have. Being a huge fan of the Statler Brothers, the day they first came by for an interview, is one I'll never forget.
I host the Country Club in the Morning Radio Show on WKDW (6-10am) and can be found in the community at schools, etc a lot of the time.
In my spare time, I love all types of music, am an avid sports fan (Orioles, Redskins, and UVA) and for more than 11 years have been a Big Brother with the Big Brothers/Big Sisters of the Central Blue Ridge.
One of the thrills of my life came in 2002, when I was named the local chapter's Big Brother of the Year. In October 2008, I became a Big Brother to a young man named Dalton, who's 14. He my best friend and truly is the greatest little brother in the world!
I am currently happily single and reside in Stuarts Draft.
Yesterday, SAMMY KERSHAW's Lafayette, Louisiana home sustained heavy smoke damage after a fire broke out in the country star's kitchen.
Kershaw inadvertently started the fire when he grabbed cans of homemade spices he was delivering to a friend. The box containing the spices slid over the kitchen stove, catching the knobs that ignite the burners. Kershaw says there were likely flammable items on the stovetop that caught fire.
After leaving his home, his alarm company alerted him of the blaze. Kershaw immediately returned home and threw towels onto the stovetop to help smother the flames. Shortly after, firefighters arrived at the scene to extinguish the blaze.
"You've got to count your blessings... every one of them," says Kershaw. "This could have been so much worse. The guardian angel that God assigned to me is always working overtime."