Country stars and fans are flooding Twitter with their thoughts on George Jones.
Carrie Underwood: "Prayers going to George Jones's family today. Rest in piece, George. You are loved and will be missed greatly."
- Faith Hill: "We lost one of the best voices God created this morning. Our hearts are saddened to hear that George Jones has passed away.
- Keith Urban: "If I'm blessed enough to make it there, I look forward to you giving me the grand tour. Rest in peace, George Jones!"
- Brad Paisley: "My friend, the greatest singer of all time, has passed.To those who knew him, our lives were full. To those of you who don't: Discover him now.
- Blake Shelton: "Really, really bad news. We've lost a country music legend. And I've lost a hero and a friend. Goodbye, George Jones."
- Dierks Bentley: "Man...heartbroken."
- Chuck Wicks: "George Jones, may you rest in peace buddy."
- Luke Bryan: "George, you will be deeply missed. Thanks for the beautiful memories."
- Jennifer Nettles: "I'll never forget the first time I heard the story in "He Stopped Loving Her Today." RIP George Jones. Country Legend. You will be missed."
- James Otto: "Just heard George Jones passed away. I'm broken-hearted. We've lost one of country music's greatest voices. RIP Possum."
- Bo Bice: "George Jones passed away this morning. We will miss ya, Possum. There will never be another! Make them angels weep up there, GJ."
- Sara Evans: "So saddened to hear of George Jones's passing. He was an idol of mine and a true legend!"
- John Rich: "The world will miss the great #georgejones A giant has passed on. Proud to say we were true friends. Who's gonna fill his shoes? Nobody."
- JoDee Messina: "Ugh! Thoughts and prayers go out to the Jones family. Such sad news to wake up to. Heavy heart today."
- Easton Corbin: "What a sad day for country music. George Jones was one of my heroes."
- Martina McBride: "So sad to hear about George Jones. His voice and music will be with us forever. Thoughts go out to all his family, friends and fans."