Posted Wednesday, January 2nd 2013 @ 12pm
Mashable has compiled a list of nine apps that will help you stick to your goals for 2013, whether it be to lose weight, manage your finances, or spend more time with family and friends. Here they are:
- OurGroceries If you're trying to eat out less and cook at home more often, make sure you always have a current grocery list at your fingertips. OurGroceries allows you to share and sync your list with others, too. That way if you're making a quick after-work trip to the grocery store you'll not only be able to see the items you added, but also see what they've added.
- Any.DO If you need to write a to-do list in order for things to get done, this app is a great way to organize and keep track of your list. Just drag and drop to plan your agenda and mark the task as complete when you're finished. You can also share to-do lists with colleagues, family and friends.
- DietBet DietBet for iOS helps you lose weight and possibly gain some extra cash. The month-long social dieting game challenges you to lose 4% of your weight in 4 weeks and you win. It seems money motivates people when it comes to weight loss -- 90% of players slim down, dropping an average of more than eight pounds.
- ShopStyle Maybe your goal in the New Year is to upgrade your wardrobe. You don't need to spend top dollar for designer clothing with an app like ShopStyle. You can browse clothing by size, color, category and how much it is discounted. The results come from a wide range of retailers from Kohls to Neiman Marcus.
- FIT Radio If music fuels your workout, this app lets you select from thousands of great playlists to sweat to -- from hip hop to '70s rock. The music never stops and there are NO ads.
- LearnVest This app can help you manage the second most common New Years resolution -- to gain control of your finances. LearnVest allows users to track their budget and financial goals. Connect your accounts to the app to see exactly what you're spending.
- SupperKing If you're trying to expand your friend circle in 2013, or maybe just plan more exciting activities with your current friends, apps like Sonar and Highlight can connect you to new people. A new iOS app called SupperKing is like Airbnb for at-home meals. You can charge strangers cash to enjoy a meal at your place with you -- an idea that not everyone is game for. But the app is also great for organizing dinner parties with your friends.
- Simple Simple is another app for iOS that helps you manage your financial goals. The web version of this app recently introduced a new feature called "Goals" that lets users move from checking to savings. Schedule money to be moved from checking to savings everyday until the goal is met.
- Red Cross Hurricane Sandy reminded us this year that natural disasters are unavoidable, especially in certain regions of the world. But what you can do to combat this danger is to be prepared. An app called Hurricane from the American Red Cross lets users watch weather conditions in their area, or another area -- perhaps that of a loved one. With the app, you can also find Red Cross shelters and tap the "I'm safe" button to quickly let people on Facebook, Twitter, email and text know you're OK. The app is available for iOS and Android. West Coasters: The American Red Cross also makes an emergency app for people living in earthquake zones.